Mar. 2, 2010: So, today was mainly a day to work a little on the glossary itself (which we are very close now) and then do much studying up on the admin (backend) portion of the glossary page. This will require writing a page to deal with allowing the administrators of the site to edit and maintain the page via login privileges, another page for people (members) other than the admins who can login and get access to another page where they can choose from a Read more »
I’m not sure, but I think we’re finally close to getting this figured out. On Thursday we both off and on tried our best to tackle this problem. It got so bad that I finally had to post more cries for help on the Codeigniter forum website. We got some more “uh, you could try this. It might work” suggestions. As of today, this is where things stand:
The new Model:
The model now contains two functions for the database, one Read more »
Today was yet another difficult day regarding the glossary. I ended up having to finally just post the question up on the Codeigniter forum. They surprisingly answered quite quickly. In the end, I got a couple of good suggestions. I haven’t been able to get them implemented yet. This seems to be a little tricky, what we want to do. We’re both going to work on this over the next day or two. I don’t know, I’m keeping my fingers crossed. I really want to get this working. I’ve sacrificed some of my Read more »
Feb. 18, 2010: So today I continued working on the glossary/database query, and basically, made little progress. After much thought and soul-searching we’ve decided to have two databases, one for the glossary itself and one for the category ids. The glossary database contains an id for each Term/Definition, Terms, Definitions and category ids (labeled with a number between one and twenty-six) that corresponds with a letter of the alphabet. The second Read more »
So, as you can gather from my headline, today was not a good day. I got to the internship and proceeded to try and get the glossary page to print out. It didn’t. I tried numerous things. Rewriting most of the model function, roughly four times. Nothing. Rewriting the view script about twelve different ways. Nothing. After a while I had to just call it quits and move on to something else. That something else was Drupal 7.
I went to the Drupal site and finally started looking around in the modules page for things to download that would pertain to the site in the long run. Amongst some of these were News feeds, Email fields, and PDF links. I was actually starting to cheer up during all this, when Read more »